Do you love gardening? Ever thought it can turn out to be dangerous for you if you plant the wrong plants? Well just to make you all aware if you are panting ‘growing health problem’ in your house, change its place as soon as possible.
The Top 15 Dangerous Plants:
1. HYDRANGEA (Hydrangeaceae)
It’s a plan which is used for decorating purpose. But it has the most deadly poison in its every part i.e. cyanide but in low amounts. These are most toxic when comes to pet and children. If in-taken the symptoms will result in vomiting, heavy breathing, lethargy, stomach ache and coma.
2. WATER HEMLOCK (Cicuta)
Water hemlock has little white buds – all together they resemble an umbrella. Water Hemlock is one of the most toxic plants in nature. A small amount of its toxic ingredient can poison livestock or humans.
3. OLEANDER (Nerium oleander)
Having petals in many colours like red, white, yellow, it is used as decorative items. But it is deadly toxic. Drowsiness, vomiting, slowed heart rate, arrhythmias, seizures and tremors are the symptoms when accidently taken.
4. DAFFODIL (Narcissus)
Daffodils are one of the first plants that blossom in spring frost. A bouquet of daffodils can give headaches if stayed for too long. Symptoms like vomiting, dehydration, drooling and stomach ache are caused by it.
5. FOXGLOVE (Digitalis)
Foxglove is a cold and dry-resistant plant. The plant is deadly poisonous when consumed. Symptoms include increased heart rate, nausea, vomiting, and seizures.
6. ELEPHANT EAR (Colocasia)
Intricate leaf colours enhances the beauty of Elephant ear. It contains calcium oxalate crystals which causes injury when chewed. Symptoms like vomiting, drooling, swelling tongue and oral cavity as a whole can lead to breathing difficulties. Read More here.
7. POISON IVY (Toxicodendron Radicans)
Poison ivy is a vine plant. Irritation and rashes are caused if pets come in contact. When it comes to humans, severe itchiness can be caused. So make sure to have protective clothes covering your skin while going to wild places.
8. PHILODENDRON (Philodendron)
Also called ‘green tree’ and ‘weeping tree’. Symptoms like salivation, mouth burning and tongue swelling in some cases when parts of the plants are directly ingested.
9. LILY OF THE VALLEY (Convallaria majalis)
Lily of the valley is an early spring plant with beautiful little white bell-shaped petals. It can easily cause fatigue, diarrhea, and vomiting. Extreme poisoning after ingestion can lead to irregular heartbeat and mental confusion. The plant is very dangerous for pets and children.
10. DUMB CANE (Dieffenbachia)
Dumb canes have a vast variety of 50 kinds. But are deadly toxic. A person can lose talking ability due to swelling when the plant is ingested. Wash your hands if touched the plant before touching eyes or mouth.
11. FICUS (Ficus)
It has a beautiful and thick tree-like crown which makes it useful as a decorative item. Children can get itching or rash when they touch the sap, whereas stomach aches and diarrhea are caused when touched by pets.
12. DESERT ROSE (Adenium)
Desert rose is also known as adenium. The toxin is ouabain which is a cardiac glycoside, which causes vomiting, diarrhea, mouth, and throat blisters, drooling and intestinal pain.
13. BELLADONNA (Atropa belladonna)
Belladonna belongs to the Solanaceae family and is the most deadly plants on Earth. A small chewed leaf can kill an adult. Belladonna poison causes hallucinations, dilating pupils, dry mouth, loud heartbeats, convulsions, and coma.
14. RHODODENDRON (Rhododendron)
Blueberries, azalea, and Rhododendron belong to the same family. Grayatoxin is a toxin contained in all parts of the plant that can cause serious illness for Humans as well as pets.
15. ALOE (Aloe Vera)
Aloe is a succulent plant species. A thin layer of Aloin which covers the gel but is highly toxic. Large quantity ingestion leads to stomach disorders, anorexia, and depression.
Gardening is a really good thing but make sure it doesn’t turn out fatal and dangerous to you or anyone around you. PLANT SAFE.